Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Dad

Carvel B. Stephenson Jr
March 24, 1934 - February 24, 1993

For some reason, I am feeling particularly tender today about my dad, who returned home to our Heavenly Father more than 17 years ago. He was a great daddy. He did so much for us. Many, many evenings were spent at baseball parks and in basketball gymnasiums, coaching my brothers and playing. When I was older, we played tennis every Tuesday night. He loved sports of all kinds. I remember him playing softball in the "Over The Hill League" in his 50s. His team name was The Pacemakers.

Yes, he loved sports, but he truly loved his family above all (even golf :o]). He was taken from us much too soon at age 58. Jesi had a very special relationship with "Papa", as seen in the next picture.

Oh, how I miss him and wish I could talk to him. So on this Father's Day 2010, I will remember him with love, especially when I hear the primary songs in church today about Fathers.

I love you and miss you!

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet...I'm sorry I haven't had the chance to meet him...yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know he is proud of you Jill! He misses you too! He sounds like an amazing dad.

    ReplyDelete