Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ethan's Special Day

My grandson Ethan will be turning 5 in September. This is important because that means he now attends kindergarten. But before school began, Ethan took Grandma for a little shopping. He wanted to be sure he was properly prepared for his first day. So off we went to the mall...

First, we needed fortification. A cheeseburger Happy Meal seemed to do the trick. Only problem was there was a TV with a cartoon on behind me so Ethan was a little distracted.


Isn't this the cutest face?

Next, we went to Build-a-Bear. Grandma forgot to get the camera out because she was so distracted by all the cute things. Ethan "built" a Wolf. He was fascinated when the lady told him to rub his wolf's "heart" on his muscles (so he would be strong), then on his own heart (so he would have love), then on his tummy, forehead, and nose (just because).

Our next stop was the shoe store. Everyone needs new shoes for the first day of school! Ethan decided on the Star Wars shoes, Iron Man socks, and an Iron Man backpack. Then off to Sears for some jeans and a Spiderman T-shirt. He had quite a conversation with the cashier about school and when we left, Ethan turned to me and said, "Grandma, she was a silly lady, wasn't she?" I couldn't help but laugh!

Then as we were leaving, we decided we needed a picture together and this is the "background" he chose. Isn't it just ducky?

After leaving the mall, we headed to Target for school supplies. I am fully aware that they don't need too much when beginning Kindergarten but it was such fun and he was so excited I couldn't help myself. We got some paper, pencils, erasers, pencil sharpener, a folder, some glue sticks, and some "safe" scissors. I explained to him that the glue and the scissors would have to be put up and used only when Mom or Dad say it's okay.

We ended our day at Berrystar Frozen Yogurt (one of Grandma's favorite places). Ethan's concoction was quite impressive - chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry frozen yogurt, with just a dollop of pistachio (because that's what Grandma had and he was SURE he loved it). Then some strawberries, one orange, some m&m's, rainbow sprinkles, and to top it off - graham cracker crumbs! Personally, I LOVE graham cracker crumbs on my frozen yogurt. The kids laugh at me because they think I have a little frozen yogurt with a lot of "dirt".

"Look Aunt Holly - a FIESTA!"

All in all, it was a super fun day. We took our packages home and Ethan told me "Thank you for your kindness Grandma." At every store, without fail, as Ethan took his package, he would tell the cashier, "Thank you." I was so proud of him - such a polite little fellow!

Thanks for taking me shopping! XOXOXOXOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. He had so much fun! He had the time of his life. We can't thank you enough! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete